Gokasegawa Gorge, which has a cliff that reaches a height of 80 to 100m over 7km, is called Takachiho Gorge.
- There are many highlights such as “Onokoro Island”, “Tsukigata” and “Oniki no Rikiishi”, which have a mythical origin.
- Manai Falls is one of the top 100 waterfalls in Japan.
- The popular rental boat is also recommended.
Takachiho Town is a valley town located in the middle of Kyushu, along the northern mountain of Miyazaki Prefecture. Access from the neighboring Kumamoto Prefecture is closer than access from Miyazaki city, and access from Kumamoto Airport is available when using the airport. When coming from Miyazaki City, please use National Route 218 from No. 10 Route via Nobeoka City in the northern part of Miyazaki Prefecture.
- Aircraft：1 hour 30 minutes by taxi from Kumamoto Airport
- Bus：Using Miyazaki Kotsu Bus, 3 hours 30 minutes from Fukuoka City, 2 hours 40 minutes from Kumamoto City
- Automobile：1 hour and 30 minutes from KyushuAutomobile Road Matsubashi IC to the east of Route 218